Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Top 5.. EVER.

Happy New Year bitches! 2009.. I think I still write like, 1997 on stuff. I'm such a tard. Anyway I'm totally bored and it's snowing like a douche outside so I figured I'd compile a list of my top five favorite video game characters in the history of forever. Why you ask? Because I can of course! These top five are in no special order, I just love them! ON WITH IT! ( Note: I won't give away major spoilers in case you haven't played the games! )


The Godslayer Yuri Hyuga
Shadow Hearts + Shadow Hearts: Covenant
Playstation2


"Thanks to that voice, I'm changing from your ordinary bad-boy type to a real psycho."


Yuri is the resident ass kicking, demon changing, shit talking smart ass from Shadow Hearts. I loved this character as soon as he came on screen. Yuri is a Harmonixer, as it were. In the Shadow Hearts world, that means he's a human who can forge with the souls of demons he's defeated, and use their power as his own. How cool is THAT? He's a sarcastic punk with all the goods to back it up. He'll kick your ass, laugh at you and give you a bandaid, then kick your ass again. I love him.

Top 5 Reasons I love Yuri
1. He's such a cocky bastard, it cracks me up.
2. He's funny! Yuri can deliver lines of hilarity like no one else.

3. Everyone can relate to Yuri at some point.
4. He's totally dedicated to Alice!
5. His weapon of choice are brass knuckles. Punch in the EYE!


Nero Angelo Vergil
Devil May Cry 1/Dante's Awakening/Special Edition
Playstation2

"I've come to retrieve my power. You can't handle it."


Vergil is the shit. I mean, look at him. Not only is he Dante's identical twin, but he's such a badass his sheer awesomeness almost hurts. Vergil's a bit on the insane side, but I think he's got more wits about him than most people in the DMC series. Half demon, half man, Vergil is one half of the legendary Sparda's twin sons, and the cooler of the two, if you ask me. His swordsmanship is unrivaled, even by Dante. He won't even grace you with an insult before he slices you to ribbons with Yamato. SEXY!

Top 5 Reasons I love Vergil
1. The coat. I mean, hello?
2. He's articulate. It's hot.

3. Yamato, his katana. It like, sings when he's slicing stuff.
4. The name Nero Angelo. Black Angel, rawr.
5. I don't need reasons, I just fucking love Vergil.


Judge, Jury, Executioner Godot
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations
Nintendo DS


"You can go now, princess. It's time for the big boys to take the reigns."

I think I fell in love with Godot the second he started talking. This awesome guy with a penchant for coffee, giving Phoenix a run for his money, and sporting the coolest visor ever just commanded attention. His character is so well written and disguised, I had so much fun playing against him and learning about him over the course of the game. Not only does he have the best theme song in the entire world, he's a brilliant prosecuter with wit sharp enough to slice through steel. Plus, he has his own coffee blends. Made of win.

Top 5 Reasons I love Godot

1. He can throw a cup of coffee like no one's buisness.
2. Loopholes might as well be his middle name.
3. Did I mention the VISOR?
4. He's a good guy. Deep down. Somewhere.
5. Godot calls women "kittens". That makes me laugh everytime.



Lone Howl in the Night Sniper Wolf
Metal Gear: Solid + Metal Gear: Solid: Twin Snakes
Playstation 1 + Nintendo Gamecube


"I'm going to send you a love letter, my dear. It's a bullet straight from my gun to your heart."

Who doesn't love a woman sniper? Although Sniper Wolf's character is a tragic one, I was nonetheless drawn to her. She hid behind the scope of a rifle to take her revenge on the world that betrayed her. I mean, sniff, jeeze! Her only true loves were the dogs of the wild, her constant companions who'd never hurt or betray her. Fearless and serious to a fault, Sniper Wolf's character was always implanted into my memory, even after all these years. Boys, don't mess with a woman with a sniper rifle.

Top 5 Reasons I love Sniper Wolf

1. Her name is Sniper Wolf. Yeah it's like that.
2. She loves canines!
3. Sniper Wolf could wait for days without moving to kill her mark. G'damn.
4. She gave Solid Snake one hell of a fight.
5. Otacon had a crush on her XD



The World is Not Enough Albert Wesker
Like Every Resident Evil Game EVER
Cross Console


"The right to play God...That right is now mine."

Yeah I'm gonna' be totally honest here. Wesker is my top favorite character ever. Anyone who can say shit like that, look cool doing it, and follow through on it wins in my book. I first saw Wesker in 1996 in the original Resident Evil and was like.. omfg, this guy owns my soul. And then he just got more evil. Not only is he the most evil bastard ever, he's cunning, deceptive, near genius level, and totally heartless. That just makes him all the more interesting! Oh, and he's sexy as hell too. Just sayin'.

Top 5 Reasons I love Wesker
1. The shades. Come on, they spell EVIL!
2. His calm exterior, no matter what. The fact that he's emotionless creeps the hell out of me.
3. Wesker can kill you just by looking at you. Maybe not, but he probably could if he tried.
4. His voice. Mnnhn....I mean, what?!
5. I don't need anymore reasons, he's Albert fucking Wesker.



Yeah that's me after this blog post. Too much awesome in one sitting made my head spin. I hope you all enjoyed my top 5 video game characters ever! Everyone should make a post like this. I'm sure it's full of errors and sizing miscalculations because blogspot was being a douche, but whatever. You got my point! Now, I'm off to eat some fries!


2 comments:

Calista Janick said...

omg I missed this post LOL!!! I'm gonna do a post like this :D

*steals Vergil and runs!*

Miang Quan said...

GURL Hellz nah!! LOL