Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Hush little ba....WHAT?

So I've been feeling totally poopy the past week or so, physically. I'm tired all the time and stuffs. No big! And I was late. Yeah that late. So what's a girl to do? Freak out of course! I was all "Okay uh, um!!" and spazzing that I might be pregnant. Which would be weird, considering how careful we are. LOL. Anyway, I signed onto SL and luckily Bone was there to calm my nerves on how I should tell Nick. I mean I knew he wouldn't freak out or anything, but still. I've never had a pregnancy doubt in my mind. Ever. So ( thank you Bone! ) I got the right set of mind on how to tell Nick.

I cornered him, literally, after work on Friday, and told him what was going on. Amidst the dogs barking, he was like "What?" And I was like UGH Lmao! So he gave me a hug and said not to worry, because regardless he'd be there. Okay, that's good. But I was still scared to death. I got one of those super fast pregnancy tests because I think waiting 10 minutes would have killed me. Peeing on a little stick is weird, just so you know. Anyway!

We were both in the bathroom, and I was sitting on the floor with my face in my hands spazzing, and my calm-as-a-cucumber husband was leaning against the wall, looking at his watch. I couldn't look at the test so instead I just watched him. He was lightly drumming his foot on the tile, looking at his watch, looking down at me, shaking his head, and laughing a little. I could tell he was amused because he loves kids, and he'd make a great father, so inside I knew he was wishing it to be positive. And then I hear "Time's up."

I blink, and look at his face. He winked at me with that little smirk thing he does and headed to the sink to look down at the test. My whole body was like, frozen. I held my breath. Either way the end result, I'd breathe a huge sigh of relief. Not knowing is horrible! I felt like a deer in the headlights sort of thing. So Nick looks down at me, his face almost unreadable. But it was like a mixture of excitement and fear, but he pulled it off so not to freak me out.

"You got me a baby for Christmas?"

I about exploded. It was positive. I think I tried to say something but I could find no words beyond the whoosh of emotions I felt. He helped me up so I could have a look and we just sort of stood there in the bathroom in silence, before we started to laugh and hug. Becoming pregnant was something I had wanted to plan for, but this was really an unexpected but wonderful surprise.

So! I went to the doctor on Monday and found out I'm about six weeks pregnant! ZOMG! That explained all the tiredness and stuff. He walked me through everything that was going on with my body right then, and what to expect, and when to see him again, etc. I left the office with my hand on my stomach because.. carrying a life in there was a humbling expierence and nerve racking all at the same time.

We told our families, Nick's parents and mine were both excited, considering we're the last of their children to have children. Everyone else has like, 2 or some shit. I'll stick with one kthx LOL. But we've spent a lot of time talking about it, how we'll be as parents, and of course names.

I'm really excited. And scared. Nick is too, but he's all supportive and hopes for a son LOL. He'd be one of those "If you touch my daughter I know where to bury you." sort of dads. But we both hope and pray for a healthy baby. I just wanted to share all that with you guys, thanks for all the support!

Luff,
Mia!

2 comments:

Calista Janick said...

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!

Eeeee!! congrats you guys!!

The whole time reading this post I was like holding my breath lmao!!

yay for baby Mia..or Nick!! or both? twins!!! LOL!

Miang Quan said...

WAII LOL thanks Calista! Omg no @ twins, I'd go insane! I'm still trying to calm down over the excitement but I don't think it'll ever go away!

PS. WE MISS YOU -Snuggle!-