Sunday, October 26, 2008

Finish~

Okay I'm finally uploading the pics I wanted to upload like, last week LOL. I'm such a slacker it hurts! Anyway, me and Nick spent some time at CnS poking at the lucky chair, so while we waited we decided to hang around on some poseballs and generally make asshats of ourselves as usual.

The look on his face says it all. But the look on my face says more? O_O! Lmao


Well I had thought this was going to be a cute pic, but I didn't realize I stepped on Nick's toe with my shit kicking steel toed Docs! Sorry!!



LOL WEEE!!!


OMIGAWD LOOK IT'S... okay yeah I have no idea what I'm pointing at, and why I'm so excited about it. Nick seemingly doesn't know either.

What a cute pic. Oh wait I look pissed because some dumb ho kept askin' my man to get on hot poses with her. I was going to stab her in the eye with a pillow!!!



And we never did get M or D for the lucky chair!! Bleh! Anyway on a more serious note, there is something I want to address concerning my marriage and SL.

I never really thought I'd have to explain any of this, but if it helps to clear up any confusion people might have over myself or Nick and how we are in SL, then it helps. We've talked a bit at length about this in the past few days over unnamed events so a blog is a good a place as any to try and give an explanation. Firstly, I'm not going to speak for Nick. He's a big boy and can handle his own shit when he has to, so this is coming straight from conversations I've had with him, and stuff he's gathered from others.

SL to me is a game, and that's about it. I've met truly wonderful people who I simply adore as great persons and friends, but that's all. Friends. Yes I'm a flirt and I hit on other guys in front of my husband. I know the majority of people don't freak out about that. But some do, and that's okay. I won't tease on you if it makes you uncomfortable that I'm married. But I try to make the line as clear as crystal: none of that is crossing over into my real life. I don't want your phone number, or your address, or to phone sex with you. I've had seriously strange and scary expierences with online games with men who go to far, and that is absolutely not happening here. I flirt in SL because I can, and it's safe, and I don't hide or lie that I'm not married. My husband will tell you up front he doesn't mind, and I don't mind when women ( OR MEN LOL ) hit on him in SL either. ( Obviously XD! ) Neither of us hide that we're married, or very much devoted to each other. But if it makes some people feel a bit uncomfortable I can understand that most certainly now. ( Btw this is directed at absolutely no one in particular LOL I'm just venting while trying to explain how I feel. )


After talking with Nick a bit about how SL is such an extension of real life, I've come to realize how much of that I didn't understand. How married people can fall in love with people in SL and stuff. But to me, and to him as well I'm sure; it's like talking in an IM on AIM, or an email. Sure it's more personal because you can do so much more in SL, but I've played -tons- of online games controlling pretty avatars and I guess I never got emotionally involved? Or maybe because it's just the roleplay factor of games, where you can turn around to the other person controlling their character and be like "Wow this is a great story!" I dunno I guess I was just sort of blind to people's real feelings in SL, because I didn't see any of it or understand I guess. I think I just thought of SL as just another huge MMORPG or something, and I can see now how it totally isn't.

Basically, sorry for boring any readers! LOL. I'm just trying to understand and be more respectful of the real feelings behind avatars. What's fine for myself and Nick may not be fine for someone else and that's all right. ( I'm still going to hit on you, Bone. :D LOL ) But yeah, if anyone feels uncomfortable with me hitting on them or teasing them, please tell me. I wouldn't want to lose friends or anything over something I can easily change.

That's about it I think! Now that I've bored everyone to sleep, including myself. :X! As far as I know Nick is still on a brief hiatus from SL but I'm still around ^^ I hope I didn't make anyone more confused, if you are, don't hesitate to talk to me! I'll try to explain as best as I can. But srsly, I love my husband, and I love my friends, and I wouldn't want to do or say anything that'd make someone upset!! Unless they deserved it, then you have to hold me back graaa!! Night guys!

Luff,
Mia~





2 comments:

Calista Janick said...

aww yay ^^ even though I knew all this already and talked to...Dom..Nick about it lmao, Does anyone ever think..

Wtf is Nick? LOL

Anyway Geminis ftw! total flirts with men we want nothing to do with!

I've met some people who are like...oh I keep sl in my sl but then give out numbers n stuffs, I don't understand most of that lol but oh well.

Come back Dom!!! ;_;

Anonymous said...

"I'm still going to hit on you, Bone."

And I'm still going hit on Dom.